Preparing Your Abstract
Along with your 3-minute concept video, you will need to submit a one-page abstract. The one-page abstract should summarize the core ideas and building blocks of your concept to provide a very high-level overview. These abstracts will be paired with your video submission to viewed by the judges when determining the 4 finalists.
Abstract questions include:
- In a few words, describe the general idea of your concept (game/social media/signs/book, etc.)
- In a brief paragraph, describe your concept and how it will change the public’s perception of mining.
- In a few words, describe your intended audience.
- Please show a general breakdown and total projected cost of your project, if it were to be noticed or sponsored.
- How far reaching do you envision your concept, that is, how many people and at what age ranges do you think your concept will reach?
- Briefly please include any additional information you would like judges to know about your concept.
When submitting your documentation online for your concept, please make sure to include the abstract form with your submission. Videos will not be posted without the completion of the abstract.